Good morning! Today we have two great ideas for photo displays from In-House Designers and superstars, Alisha and Nichole.
First up is are these cool wood blocks made by Nichole...
Supplies: Midge Gathermoore paper (34717) - Craft Fair, Fannie Mendell paper (34717) - Craft Fair, Pearl Bobbinhauser paper (34718) - Craft Fair, Millie Singer paper (34731) - Craft Fair, Edith Fitzbolt (34733) - Craft Fair, Sally Patchrick paper (34737) - Craft Fair, Purkey (43273) - Minimarks, Ned Jr. (43162) - Minimarks, Kate (43144) - Minimarks, Black Fine (62001) - Slick Writer, .03 Black (62311) - Precision Pen
Here are her instructions for creating a fun block like this of your own:
1. Cut 6 squares to 13/4” x 13/4” and 31/4” x 31/4” with a variety of paper.
2. Adhere paper to block.
3. Paint edges with white acrylic paint.
4. Print out five 2” x 21/2” photos of friends and adhere one to each side of the large square.
5. Add name of each person with rub ons to the side with their photo along with a small embellishment.
6. On the small block, journal about the person who’s photo is on the corresponding side of the large block.
Alisha created this adorable altered canvas...
Supplies: 12x12 Cardstock Ladybug (71028) - AC Cardstock, Midge Gathermoore paper (34714) - Craft Fair, Faye Needleworth paper (34730) - Craft Fair, Edith Fitzbolt paper (34733) - Craft Fair, Blush Round Buttons (82128) - Elements, Cherry Round Buttons (8206) - Elements, Leaf Round Buttons (82132) - Elements, DIY (70022) - Flair, Knit Occasions Four (89097) - Ribbon, Patchwork (42975) - Thickers
Want to make this fun canvas? Here are her instructions:
1. Trim Mustard patterned paper to 91/2 x 41/2” and house icon paper to 91/2 x 31/2”; layer on front of canvas.
2. Trim red polka dot paper to 91/2” x 1”; punch along the top to create a scallop edge.
3. Layer scalloped paper over the paper seams on the canvas.
4. Print out your picture to 5 x 7” and adhere in the center.
5. Cut a heart from red cardstock and place it in the bottom left corner; slightly overlapping photo.
6. Tie teal ribbon into a bow and adhere onto the heart along with a Flair button.
7. Apply three buttons in the top right corner.
8. Spell out “Our Family” in black fabric Thickers underneath photo.
And you still have time to enter our Teen Week challenge from last Friday! We love seeing your fabulous retro photos!