Alisha Gordon has a cute and delicious Valentine banner tutorial with step-by-step pictures for you today!
Supplies: All You Need Paper (35171) – Love, At First Sight Paper (35173) – Love, Can’t Help Falling Paper (35177) – Love, Crazy Little Thing Paper (35179) – Love, Can’t Get Enough Paper (35181) – Love, Take A Chance Paper (35182) – Love, Jute Caramel 1mm (58510) - Ribbon, Variety Buttons Love (85509) - Elements, Endless (42164) - Remarks Dimensional Stickers, Sweet Tomato (53091) – Thickers; Other: Cake pop sticks, treats
1) Cut or punch six diamonds from various Love patterned papers.
2) Fold each diamond in half to make a triangle.
3) Line them up in the order you want them.
4) Cut a 14” piece of jute and find the center.
5) Once you find the center, start adding adhesive in the middle of the diamond horizontally and vertically.
6) Add your diamond shape to the jute, making sure the jute goes along the center of the crease.
7) Continue adding all six diamonds to create a full banner.
8) Add Thickers to the middle four banners to spell out “LOVE”.
9) Accent the left and right banner pieces left with a teal button and a pearl in the center of the button.
10) Create a groove with scissors in the top of two cake pop sticks to tie your jute around it so it doesn’t slip.
11) Knot the jute around the two cake pop sticks. Trim off the excess jute, just above the knot.
12) Tie two bows from red gingham ribbon.
13) Adhere the bows over the knots of jute on the cake pop sticks.
14) To finish, slide your cake pop sticks into two yummy cupcakes and you're done!
Alisha says, "With Valentine's Day coming up what better way to show your sweetie you adore them than with SWEETS! I created this banner to go perfectly with any sweets of your choice. My choice was two yummy cupcakes. But with this banner you are able to use them for a cake, waffles, cookies, etc. Just a fun and simple way to show someone love. Happy Valentine's to all!"