Leslie Ashe is going to show us in a step-by-step photo tutorial how to make these whimsical mini Christmas trees!
Christmas Trees by Leslie Ashe
Supplies: Pere Noel Paper (35483) – Hollyday, Santa Baby Paper (35482) – Hollyday, Cherry Nose Paper (35486) – Hollyday, Old Man Winter Paper (35480) – Hollyday, Café Iris Paper (35541) – Garden Café, Work In Progress Paper (35546) – Amy Tangerine, Good Company Paper (35554) – Amy Tangerine, Oh Happy Grey Paper (35565) – Amy Tangerine, Light Bright Paper (35564) – Amy Tangerine, Yes Peas Paper (35549) – Amy Tangerine, Stars Stripes & Stitches Paper (35550) – Amy Tangerine, Is It Any Wonder Paper (35556) – Amy Tangerine, Rose Avenue Paper (35551) – Amy Tangerine, Dot Glue Runner (61713) – This To That Adhesive, Garden Café Plastic Buttons (85564) – Elements, Hollyday Variety Buttons (85559) – Elements; Other: mini styrofoam Christmas trees, dowels, various sized bobbins, pins, black paint, hot glue gun
1) Gather your supplies.
2) Trace around your tree for an accurate template.
3) Glue one side of your paper and start wrapping your tree. You might have to trim along the bottom for a smooth edge.
4) Do this for all of your trees.
5) Paint all your dowels and bobbins black then set aside to dry.
6) Measure each of the empty space on your bobbins (mine are 1/2” or 1”), trim patterned paper, and wrap them around the middle. You can double up on papers if you’d like, as shown.
7) Using a straight pin, glue two of the same button on each straight pin.
8) Decorate your space with your trees and enjoy!
Cute, easy, and fun, these mini Christmas trees are sure to brighten up your creative space!