Amy Heller is here to show us how to create this adorable stitched summer banner from start to finish!
Supplies: Shoreline (35742) - 6x6" Paper Pad, Sand Dollar Die Cuts (85585) - Bits, Flamingo Stickers (42249) - Remarks, Sandpiper Stickers (42247) - Remarks, Surfboard (85584) - Delights, Tropical Elements Buttons (85437) - Elements, Sunflower (58291) - Premium Ribbon, Boardwalk Cascade (53363) - Thickers, Dimensional Dots Adhesive (61709) - This to That, Solid Glue Runner (61711) - This to That
1) Gather supplies including cardstock, Thickers, 6x6 paper pad, embellishments, grosgrain ribbon, 3D adhesive, standard hole punch, sewing machine, electronic die cutting machine.
5) Take the top two pieces of you rectangular pieces and stitch either by machine or by handstitching around the perimeter of the top layer of patterned paper. Tip: to make sure that the pieces don't move while stitching, simply place a small amount of adhesive in the center of the two pieces prior to stitching to hold them together and in place.
6) To provide the additional feel of sunshine and summer, I then stitched a "ray" from one corner of the top layer of each of my rectangles, meeting at a) the top of the rectangle, b) the opposite corner of the rectangle, and c) the opposite long side of the rectangle. After stitching all six pieces, set them aside.
8) Using 3D adhesive, adhere your 2nd layer of cardstock to your base cardstock. Then adhere your stitched cardstock on top of that, making certain that each layer is centered vertically and horizontally. Then using 3D adhesive, adhere your stitched patterned paper rectangle to the bottom layer of patterned paper. Then adhere those pieces onto your cardstock banner.
10) Using a standard hold punch, punch a hole into each top corner of your cardstock banner pieces, about 1/3" from the top and the side of the banner to ensure that it won't be too close to the edge. Weave grosgrain ribbon through each hole in an over under fashion so that the large piece of ribbon is in the back of the banner piece, lending stability while hanging.
Hang in a great location in your home to welcome summer!!
I know my kids will be excited to see this fun banner on the last day of school when I put it up to celebrate the onset of summer vacation! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day! :D