Lilith Eeckels, another returning Design Team member, is spotlighted today:
Short bio: Hi. I'm Lilith. I was born in Leuven, Belgium on 26th January 1979. As a child I grew up in South Africa and my parents moved back to Europe when I was a teenager and settled in the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg. I now live in the South of Belgium in the Ardennes. I am a mother to four marvellous but mischievous boys (Damien and Noé (8), Robin (5), and Elouan (3)) and have been married to the most wonderful man for 12 years. I'm a foreign language teacher. I teach Dutch and English to French speaking students and I LOVE it. Besides my passion for languages and teaching, there is also music, photography, and on the top of my list SCRAPBOOKING. I started just after getting married as I wanted to make a wedding album. I really got hooked when my two eldest boys were born in 2003 and I haven't stopped since. It helps me unwind from my hectic days being a mum and teaching teenagers. Scrapbooking has made me realise that I can be creative and I love documenting my family's life. It has made me become more confident and willing to have a go. I have also just ventured into the world of art journalling. This is has enabled me to try out new techniques and has given my scrapbooking style a new direction.
Favorite thing to scrapbook: My family and our life!
Favorite AC product: That's a hard one, but it must be patterned paper and I love the Remarks stickers. Add to that some Thickers and I'm a happy gal!
5 fun facts:
1. I'm always up for a good laugh but can takes things very seriously. My friends love to tease me and see how I react.
2. I always have cold feet and hands. I always go to bed with socks on (even in the summer) and in the winter you won't see me without a hot water bottle.
3. As a child I wanted to be an opera singer (still do)!
4. I am addicted to tea. I drink at least eight cups of English Breakfast tea with milk and sugar a day. And I get really moody if I don't. BAD HABIT!
5. I have a really high pain threshold. Example: Last year I went for a dental check-up. My dentist asked, "Any complaints?" I said, "No, I think everything's OK!". She has a look and then says, "Well you should be in agony, I don't understand! Your root is exposed. How can you NOT feel that?" This probably explains why I didn't think giving birth was that bad.
Lilith shares, "As there was no assigned theme I just went with the flow and created two layouts that made me happy. I choose to go all Dear Lizzy Neapolitan and I can say I have near to nothing left from this line. I am so thrilled to be designing for another year and can't wait to get creating with the new releases!"
Supplies: Sparkling Smile Vellum Paper (35627) – Neapolitan, Sweet Sundress Paper (35634) - Neapolitan, At First Sight Paper (35641) - Neapolitan, Dreamy Days Paper (35642) - Neapolitan, First Date Paper (35632) - Neapolitan, Neapolitan Printed Variety Tags (78069) - Bits, Neapolitan Accent & Phrase (42232) – Remarks Books, Neapolitan Phrase Garland (93625) – Garland, 6x6 Paper Pad (35658) - Neapolitan
Supplies: 6x6 Paper Pad (35658) - Neapolitan, Twinkling Lights Paper (35629) – Neapolitan, Sparkling Smile Vellum Paper (35627) – Neapolitan, Pretty Please Paper (35637) - Neapolitan, Silly Skedaddle Paper (35628) - Neapolitan, Splendid White (53296) – Thickers, Neapolitan Borders, Accents & Phrases (42235) – Remarks, Neapolitan Mini Flair Ribbons (78066) – Embellishments, Neapolitan Rub Ons Accents & Phrases (43395) – Minimarks