Location: Cypress, TX
Short bio: Heather has been scrapbooking since kindergarten if you consider cutting shapes out of construction paper and gluing them together. Kidding aside, Heather has enjoyed capturing and documenting memories as far back as she can remember but it was her wedding and then the birth of her children that reignited her passion for scrapbooking. Her strong desire to capture the everyday stories for her children is what drives her creativity. Heather is currently the design team leader for Lily Bee Design and is on the Design Teams/Creative Teams for American Crafts, Little Yellow Bicycle, Scrapbook Circle kit club and Gossamer Blue kit club. Heather’s work has been published in Scrapbook Trends and Creating Keepsakes magazines, Creating Keepsakes Special Edition publications, and PaperHaus Magazine. Heather lives in Cypress, TX with her husband, two daughters (9 and 4 years) and her bonus son (16 years).
Favorite thing to scrap: The small, everyday little moments we experience as a family. I look for that one moment in time that really captures the essence of whatever it is we are doing.
Favorite American Crafts product: While I hoard patterned paper and Thickers, I absolutely love the Bits and Details embellishments. They help take a great layout to the next level and make it so much more wonderful!
5 fun facts:
1. My last name really is Leopard, like the cat. It's definitely different but also pretty stinkin' cool. Our kiddos think so too! As my oldest daughter says, "Peace, Love, Leopards".
2. We adopted our first rescue dog and then decided she needed a pal so we rescued another. They are BFF's and have been a wonderful addition to our family.
3. I have been on the quest for the best puffy tacos. If you've ever had one, you know what I mean. If you haven't, you are missing out! I finally found a tried and true favorite (yay!) but they are 3.5 hours away (boo!).
4. I loathe math so much so that I chose my major in college (Communications) partly based on the fact that it had the least amount of math courses. It was the best decision because I enjoyed the classes immensely and I love what I do. Thankfully, my hubby has excellent math skills.
5. I love this hobby so much because it gives me a creative outlet while documenting my family's lives but I have met so many amazing people through scrapbooking, many of whom I hold near & dear to my heart. Awwww!
Supplies: Warm Welcome Paper (366160) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Wonderful Wrapping Paper (36178) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Striped Straws Paper (366179) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, 6x6 Paper Pad (366214) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Perforated Sticker Book (366196) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Adhesive Layered Resin Flowers (366203) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Adhesive Resin Bows (366075) - Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste
Supplies: Dazzling Decor Paper (366173) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Savvy Skirt Paper (366168) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, 6x6 Paper Pad (366214) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Perforated Sticker Book (366196) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Accent & Phrase Stickers (366195) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Epoxy Stickers (366198) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Die Cut Shapes (366205) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Adhesive Layered Resin Flowers (366203) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Cordial Thickers (366188) - Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party
Heather says, "My style is 'eclectic' eklectic aka random. Sometimes I am more simple but I'm usually more ornate with my designs. It all depends on the story of the photo. I am drawn to patterns and color so you will see alot of that in my projects this year. One thing is certain, you will usually see some sort of layering, stitching, and pops of color everywhere. I hope to inspire you with the fabulous collections from American Crafts!"