Capture summer moments of sunshine and fun with the newest collection from Amy Tangerine! Summer will last year round with this boldly colored collection. Icons of sweet citrus fruits, bouncy balloons, and cute animals join trendy graphics and patterns. Document everyday adventures with the bold color palette: bubblegum pink, lemon yellow, citrus orange and bright blue. Get set for cool journeys with Finders Keepers!
Create special memory books and pages with an assortment of coordinating products, including colorful Thickers, stickers, stamp sets, and die-cut shapes. Mini doilies, wood slices, and a grab bag kit offer unique opportunities for creativity! Rounding out this collection is a pre-printed postcard kit that can be easily customized with reactive foil and the Minc machine!
Want to win a prize pack filled with Finders Keepers goodies? Leave a comment below and let us know what product you'd love to use.
Congrats to the winner of a Desktop Essentials prize pack, Natalie (QSOgirl):
Supplies: Desktop Essentials - Gallery Wall Pack, Brilliant Gold (370795); Clipboard, Pink Watercolor (370808); Grosgrain Printed Ribbon - Triangles (3404521); Diamonds (3404441); Bright Aztec (3404531); other - Enamel Dots
How to: Choose a piece from the Gallery Wall Pack and clip it to a clipboard. For each ribbon “heart” cut two equal lengths of ribbon from each ribbon pattern. Simply fold the ribbon length in half and layer it over another folded piece of ribbon to form a heart shape. Use a stapler to secure. Adhere the ribbon hearts to the wall art. Add enamel dots, brads, or buttons for extra pops of color.
Have a splendid weekend! We hope you've enjoyed seeing projects created with the new Desktop Essentials line!
Supplies: Desktop Essentials (370806) - Clipboard With Print, Desktop Essentials (370807) - Clipboard With Print, Desktop Essentials (370793) - Designer Prints, Desktop Essentials (370794) - Designer Prints, Desktop Essentials (370818) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370820) - Gold Bowtie, Desktop Essentials Paper Clips (370825) - Jumbo Bowtie Paper Clips, Desktop Essential (340532) - Washi Tape, Maggie Holmes Styleboard (683445) - Styleboard Dies
How to: Trim Navy with Dots paper measuring 7x11" and set aside. Trim "Choose Happy" paper (light blue) from Clipboard with Print Design #370803, measuring 6x10 1/2" into a banner design. Trim Hot Pink Paper from gallery Wall Pack 3370794 5 1/2 x 9 1/2" into a banner design, slightly smaller than the previous design. Trim the triangular Ikat design off of gallery Wall Pack 370795, measuring 7x7" and set aside. Trim Gold Triangular Design off of gallery Wall Pack 370794, measuring 6x6" across and set aside. Hand cut around design "Love It" included in the gallery Wall Pack 370795. Layer handcut pieces together. Use a sewing machine to stitch pieces together. Add gold bowtie paper clips. Use Maggie Holmes Styleboard die to create 3d bow from Navy w/ Dots paper (Gallery Wall Pack 370794) to create a 3D bow for the project. Cut custom bow pieces out of dies and use gold washi tape for center of bow. Adhere custom bow to the center of the clipboard.
Heather Leopard (Blog: Heather Leopard | Instagram: @heatherleopard | Pinterest: @heatherleopard | Twitter: @heatherleopard) has a clever way of combining everyday essentials in her Desktop Essentials-centered post!
Supplies: Desktop Essentials collection: (340007) foil and printed erasers, (340009) boxed erasers, (340020) 7x10 journal, (340263) double-sided super sticky red tape – ¼ in, (340264) double-sided super sticky red tape – ½ in, (340268) 2-way glue pen, (340276) sticky dots 0.5 in raised, (340282) splat mat, (340440-1) premium ribbon .375in x 4 yd., (340445-1) premium ribbon .625in x 4 yd., (340454-1) premium ribbon 1.5in x 3 yd., (340532) washi tape, (370795) designer prints, (370800) craft scissors (gold), (370807) gold and mint clipboard, (370818) patterned clothespins, (370824) jumbo hearts paper clips, (370836) pattern pencils, (370837) pattern pencils, (370838) pattern pencils; Fine & Dandy collection: (370134) – Spiral Bound 52 Week Journal, (370097) – Colorful Confetti, (370096) – Plastic Bows, (370099) – Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, (370070) – Pretty Packages Paper
How to: Select your favorite designer print, paper, journals, books, mini albums, etc. and stack them all together on your favorite Desktop Essentials clipboard. Select coordinating ribbon and secure it to wide elastic that will help secure your journals and all your items in place. A full tutorial for creating the elastic band can be found on my blog. Secure all the elements together on the clipboard and in your custom band. I want to be able to journal, I want to scrap in the 52 week journal, and I want to have items for my kids to draw on so I included glue, scissors, pens and pencils, funky erasers, even confetti! You can add additional embellishments to the clipboard to customize it even more to your liking. Now I have everything I need, along with my portable printer for all my on-the-go documenting needs.
Our Design Team is proudly sharing fun ways to utilize the new Desktop Essentials collection for the rest of this week! First we have a tutorial by Gillian Nelson (Blog: Gillian Nelson | Instagram: @gnelson05 | Pinterest: @gilliann | Twitter: @GillianNelson05)
Supplies: Desktop Essentials (370803) - Clipboard, (370835) - Black & White Pencils, (370815) - Dots & Stripes Clothespins; DIY Shop 2 (DIYM-69061) - Permanent Chalk Marker/White/Broad Tip; Shimelle True Stories (370705) - Lemon & Ginger Paper; Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy (370074) - Stay Awesome Paper; Cardstock (AC712P12-60) - Black; Sticky Thumb Adhesive (ST340268) - Glue Pen, (ST340276) - Raised Adhesive Dots
1. Select a piece of patterned paper that will complement your Desktop Essentials clipboard and trim it down to 8.5x11". (I’m using the small gold polka dot clipboard that comes with the “Choose Happy” print and the Lemon & Ginger paper from Shimelle’s True Stories line.)
2. Turn the clipboard over and place sticky dots on the back side of the clipboard, positioning them so that they will be hidden by the metal clip when viewed from the front side. Turn your patterned paper right side down and place it over the sticky dots, adhering it to the back of the clipboard.
3. When you turn the clipboard over, the right side of your chosen pattern is now visible through the clipboard pattern.
4. Using a die cut machine, cut a rounded rectangle shape with the word “photo” welded to the top of it from a piece of patterned paper and a smaller rounded rectangle from black cardstock. (I’m offering the cut file that I created for this project as a free download on my blog.) If you don’t own a die cut machine this can be mimicked by trimming a piece of patterned paper into a 4.75x3.5" rectangle then rounding the corners with a corner punch. Then just use Thickers to spell out “photo” within the rectangle towards the top. Trim the black cardstock to ~4.25x1.5".
5. Handwrite “of the week” on the black cardstock using a white permanent chalk marker.
6. Adhere the black cardstock piece to the bottom portion of the “photo” die cut.
7. Apply adhesive to only the bottom portion of the die cut piece and adhere the die cut to the front of the clipboard, centered near the bottom.
8. Adhere a fun pencil from the Desktop Essentials line across the bottom of the die cut shape using a liquid craft glue.
9. Clip a favorite picture for the week to the clipboard, slipping it under the top portion of the “photo” die cut. Handwrite a short description of the photo and clip it to the side of the photo with a mini clothespin. Change out the photo often so that it can know life outside of your social media account or camera. Use the photos that are retired from the clipboard for the week to create a layout. Win win!
Supplies: Desktop Essentials (370815) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370816) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370817) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370818) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370793) - Designer Prints, Desktop Essentials, (370822) - Gold Camera Paperclips
1. Cut three 5" circles from chipboard or thick cardstock. Paint one of the three circles with black acrylic paint.
Update your office or creative space with Desktop Essentials, a new collection of on-trend products from American Crafts that will inspire creativity. This collection offers basic office supplies that add a creative flair to any desktop! Functional meets fabulous in this brightly colored, stylish collection. Coordinating products make it easy to express your personal style!
Adorn any space with trendy clipboards, gallery wall prints, and gorgeous notebooks! Keep up with everyday tasks using an assortment of updated, stylish products: file folders, paper clips, binder clips, scissors, pencils, and more!
We hope you love this darling collection! Want to win a prize pack filled with Desktop Essentials? Leave a comment below and we'll randomly select a winner on Friday, July 24th!
Congrats to the winner of a Die Cuts prize pack: Tiffani Nelson!
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy (370085) - 6x6 Paper Pad, Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy (370099) - Ephemera W/ Gold Foil, Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy (370103) - Gold Numbers Paper Clips, Cardstock (AM710-81) - White Textured, This To ThatAM617-13) - Adhesive, Studio Calico (SC1-31064) - Inky Black
How to: Cut background from white 12x12 cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo. Cut pieces of patterned paper to fit background using the Dear Lizzy 6x6 Paper Pad. Back white 12x12 background cut with a piece of white 12x12 white background paper. Adhere cut pieces from 6x6 paper pad in negative pieces. Adhere all pieces down. Sprinkle black spray mist across the page. Print an Instagram photo measuring 3.5x3.5" and adhere to center bottom of page. Embellish with die cuts and paperclip.
Have an extraordinary weekend filled with all things scrappy! We'll be back on Monday with a debut of a new collection, yippee!
How to: Die cut the ribbon out of patterned paper. Cut small lengths (less than 1 inch) of pink straw and adhere them to a punched circle smaller than the “eat cake” sticker. Once all the straws are adhered in a circle, place the “eat cake” sticker on top. Cover the front of a white card with some patterned vellum. Assemble the ribbon on the card as shown.