Our Design Team is proudly sharing fun ways to utilize the new Desktop Essentials collection for the rest of this week! First we have a tutorial by Gillian Nelson (Blog: Gillian Nelson | Instagram: @gnelson05 | Pinterest: @gilliann | Twitter: @GillianNelson05)
Supplies: Desktop Essentials (370803) - Clipboard, (370835) - Black & White Pencils, (370815) - Dots & Stripes Clothespins; DIY Shop 2 (DIYM-69061) - Permanent Chalk Marker/White/Broad Tip; Shimelle True Stories (370705) - Lemon & Ginger Paper; Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy (370074) - Stay Awesome Paper; Cardstock (AC712P12-60) - Black; Sticky Thumb Adhesive (ST340268) - Glue Pen, (ST340276) - Raised Adhesive Dots
1. Select a piece of patterned paper that will complement your Desktop Essentials clipboard and trim it down to 8.5x11". (I’m using the small gold polka dot clipboard that comes with the “Choose Happy” print and the Lemon & Ginger paper from Shimelle’s True Stories line.)
2. Turn the clipboard over and place sticky dots on the back side of the clipboard, positioning them so that they will be hidden by the metal clip when viewed from the front side. Turn your patterned paper right side down and place it over the sticky dots, adhering it to the back of the clipboard.
3. When you turn the clipboard over, the right side of your chosen pattern is now visible through the clipboard pattern.
4. Using a die cut machine, cut a rounded rectangle shape with the word “photo” welded to the top of it from a piece of patterned paper and a smaller rounded rectangle from black cardstock. (I’m offering the cut file that I created for this project as a free download on my blog.) If you don’t own a die cut machine this can be mimicked by trimming a piece of patterned paper into a 4.75x3.5" rectangle then rounding the corners with a corner punch. Then just use Thickers to spell out “photo” within the rectangle towards the top. Trim the black cardstock to ~4.25x1.5".
5. Handwrite “of the week” on the black cardstock using a white permanent chalk marker.
6. Adhere the black cardstock piece to the bottom portion of the “photo” die cut.
7. Apply adhesive to only the bottom portion of the die cut piece and adhere the die cut to the front of the clipboard, centered near the bottom.
8. Adhere a fun pencil from the Desktop Essentials line across the bottom of the die cut shape using a liquid craft glue.
9. Clip a favorite picture for the week to the clipboard, slipping it under the top portion of the “photo” die cut. Handwrite a short description of the photo and clip it to the side of the photo with a mini clothespin. Change out the photo often so that it can know life outside of your social media account or camera. Use the photos that are retired from the clipboard for the week to create a layout. Win win!
Supplies: Desktop Essentials (370815) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370816) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370817) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370818) - Patterned Clothespins, Desktop Essentials (370793) - Designer Prints, Desktop Essentials, (370822) - Gold Camera Paperclips
1. Cut three 5" circles from chipboard or thick cardstock. Paint one of the three circles with black acrylic paint.