Perhaps you don't celebrate Halloween or just aren't a big fan of this holiday. No worries! Evelyn Yusuf (Blog: Evelyn Yusuf | Instagram: @geekgalz | Pinterest: @geekgalz | Twitter: @geekgalz | Facebook: Evelyn Yusuf) has a fun embroidery hoop tutorial to share with you that will give your home a little pick-me-up!
Supplies: Amy Tan Finders Keepers Token FKDS (40329), Dream Cather FKDS (40355), Kraft One In A Million FKDS (40321), Thickers Follow Alpha Multi Chipboard FKTH (40233), Thickers Today Phare White Foam FKTH (40324), Mounted Stamp (340240), Acrylic Stamp (340239), Wood Slice (340247), Washi Tapes (340250)
I gathered some supplies to do this DIY:
1. Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers (patterned papers, washi tape, and clear stamps)
2. Some Wood Hoops
3. American Crafts White Cardstock
4. Ink Stamp
5. Glue and pop up tape (Sticky Thumbs Collection)
Here is a photo step-by-step:
1. Choose your favorite patterned papers from the collection that have fall color theme. Grab your hoops and start to trace outside the hoops. Cut the patterned papers according to it.
2. Use some glue before you paste the patterned papers to the wooden hoops. You can use paper glue or double sided glue.
3. To make my own embellishments, I chose a cute camera wooden stamp from the collection and chose brown ink to stamp. I stamped it on the white card stock then after that I do the fussy cutting and used pop up tape to give some dimension.
4. You can decorate each of your wooden hoops and get creative with it. I used some washi tape, wooden embellishments, and stamped cameras.
5. For another wooden hoop I chose to use my own leaf embellishments. This step is the same like the camera one. I chose to paste the leaves randomly to give a fall vibe.
Decorate your own wooden hoops by your own and try to make it simple but looks so cute.
Lets get closer looks at my final results!
It took less than 30 minutes to do this DIY! So much fun and you will love your final results!